Paddle for Easy Digital Downloads
Selling WordPress themes, plugins or designs using Easy Digital Downloads? Connect with Paddle and accept one-time and recurring payments easily.
Seamless Paddle Integration with
Easy Digital Downloads
Subscription & Recurring Billing
Seamlessly works with Easy Digital Download's subscription and recurring billing plugins. Plug and play setup no extra configuration needed.
Beautiful Checkout Experience
Enjoy destruction free and conversion focused checkout experience with Paddle. You can use popup checkout or Paddle checkout page depending on your country rules.
Paddle is for businesses that want to focus on selling their digital products online and don’t want to lose their hair dealing with taxes, payment gateway hassle, and break the bank on accounting costs with a simple point-and-click subscription plans.
Powerful Payment Options
Manage your entire customer billing process with Paddle’s powerful payments option for WordPress. Paddle handles all the payments, taxes, currencies, compliance, and billing support queries. No extra tools need to buy or use.
Protect Against Fraudulent Chargebacks
Paddle combines their algorithms with fraud prevention by maintaining four layers of fraud protection. This ensures the flag suspicious transactions, and helps you fight chargebacks. No extra fees to pay. You only ever deal with Paddle.
No Complicated Sales Taxes & Compliance Management
Paddle files and pays your sales taxes owed on your behalf, then issues a ‘reverse invoice’ to for your records to show taxes as paid. Also ensures tax compliance across your payments, subscriptions, invoices, and receipts.
Features You'll ♡
Beautiful & seamless checkout
Take payments by credit card or any billing cycle seat-based, usage-based through Paddle flexible checkout.Your customers don’t have to leave the site at all to complete the purchase.
No dealing with invoices
Paddle Invoicing is integrated and reconciled on payment with your subscriptions too - no “split brain” for finance, sales. Paddle easily drafts and sends invoices to your customers.
All your payment methods
Accept a wide range of global payment methods (including PayPal) in one integration with Paddle. Take payments through credit card, wire transfer, and alternative payment methods.
Recurring & Subscription billing
Paddle has built-in recurring billing so you can sell software on subscription as well as 1-time purchases. Set up recurring payment plans with Paddle and made payment more easier.
Paddle hosts all your payment methods in one platform, and reconciles payments on your behalf to each customer account and subscription also ensures single time payment.
Popup cart + Checkout experience
EDD allows you to create more standard shop (or even a marketplace) where users can add items to your cart and then complete the purchase via Paddle Checkout.
No upfront costs
Don’t break the bank if you’re just starting. WordPress and EDD are open source software, and Paddle allows you to start selling without any fixed fees or contracts with free plan.
All your Taxes and VAT calculated and filed
Paddle automatically handles the calculation, collection and remittance of sales taxes and VAT in every single country on your behalf: you don’t need to do anything.
Handle fraud protection and chargebacks
Smart risk tooling and fighting ‘friendly fraud’ to minimize fraudulent payments and chargebacks. By maintaining four layers of fraud protection Paddle ensures best possible transactions.
Single Site License
** Paddle for EasyDigitalDownloads is a separate plugin doesn’t comes with WP SmartPay PRO subscription. If you want to use Paddle for EDD then buy this plugin.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with our plugin in any way and you don't wish to use it, then we'll refund your money in first 14 days after purchase!
No. Paddle for Easy Digital Downloads is a separate plugin doesn’t require you to install WP SmartPay PRO. However, this plugin require WP SmartPay lite as its core dependency.
You can use WP SmartPay lite with Easy Digital Downloads without any problem.
No. Each month Paddle generates a “Reverse Invoice” for each of our vendors, detailing how much is owed to you by Paddle. This amount is paid out to you each month, with no work required on your end.
We auto-email the Reverse Invoice to all Admins at the point that the given payout is marked as paid.
Paddle will not charge any fees on payouts made to you. Any charges that are made against these payouts will be from your bank or payment provider, depending on the method of payment. We fulfil payouts of your Current Balance (with Paddle fees already deducted) for all payment methods.
We currently support payouts in the following currencies:
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- British Pound Sterling (GBP)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Chinese Yuan (CNY)
- Czech Koruna (CZK)
- Danish Krone (DKK)
- Euro (EUR)
- Hungarian Forint (HUF)
- Polish Zloty (PLN)
- South African Rand (ZAR)
- Swedish Krona (SEK)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- US Dollar (USD)
Paddle supports sellers and can payout to anywhere in the world with exception to the sanctioned countries listed below.
- Crimea (Region of Ukraine)
- North Korea
- Burma (Myanmar)
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Liberia (Former Regime of Charles Taylor)
- Sierra Leone
Paddle entirely handles VAT (sales tax) for all digital products sold to countries where this is a legal requirement, eg. EU member states, India, Australia and more.
VAT registered businesses who purchase products through Paddle will not pay VAT if the transaction is cross-border (they do this by entering their VAT ID at the time of purchase).
Paddle acts as a Digital Platform for the purposes of EU VAT. Put simply, Paddle acts as a re-seller of your product, meaning that we can collect the relevant information about your customer, charge them the correct amount of tax, and return it to the relevant authority. No additional work is required on your part.
Every transaction that goes through the Paddle system is allocated a fraud score. The score is dependent upon how likely it is that the transaction is a case of card misuse or fraud. This score is increased by a number different factors including but not limited to; recent fraudulent transactions on the card, recent transactions on the card under a different name, or a number of recent transactions on the same card at varying locations.
If the fraud score is deemed too high, our platform will flag the transaction. For more information on flagged transactions, see here
Beyond this, Paddle also uses various 3rd party anti-fraud softwares to ensure Paddle is secure, and to prevent fraud/malicious checkout activity.
Yes, WPSmartPay has full support for Recurring Payments official EDD add-on. Actually, it’s a required plugin if you will be selling auto-renewing subscriptions.
Yes, WPSmartPay has full support for Software Licensing official EDD add-on.
Recently, EDD team has decided to close down their store for 3rd party plugins. It’s not possible to sell anymore the EDD add-ons there, so that’s why you can buy it here directly from us.
When a customer purchases a product via Paddle, the country from which they are making the purchase may charge VAT. Paddle is registered and able to handle VAT payments for the following countries from the link,
By law, Paddle must apply VAT / Sales Tax to any transaction where it is applicable.
Vendors can choose how they want to handle sales tax in the Sales Tax Settings page in the Paddle dashboard. There are two options available to you as a seller;
- Include VAT in the price (VAT inclusive pricing)
- Add VAT to the price (VAT exclusive pricing)
By setting VAT inclusive prices, the price you’ve input will be the price the customer sees, and the sales tax will come of out this price. Whereas, if you choose to have VAT added on, the % rate of sales tax the customer is due to pay (eg. 20% in UK, 18% in Spain, etc) will be added on top of the product price you’ve set.
Absolutely. In case you are not satisfied with the plugin and it doesn’t suit your needs, get in touch within 30 days from the purchase and we’ll provide a full refund if we cannot provide a solution for you.
Sure 🙂 You can see the change-log in the main site.
1.2.7 - Nov 01, 2020
- Fixed: Paddle fulfillment webhook late receive.
1.2.6 - July 23, 2020
- Added: Customer subscription cancel action added.
- Added: Support pay link data filter.
- Fixed: The thousand and decimal separator problem for paddle amount has been solved.
1.2.5 - July 06, 2020
- Updated: Reduce paddle icon size.
- Fixed: Solved 3 digit amount problem.
1.2.4 - July 04, 2020
- Updated: Added new currency support for NOK and THB.
- Updated: Increased the PHP version compatibility to 7.2.0
1.2.3 - June 25, 2020
- Updated: Appsero client updated.
1.2.2 - June 16, 2020
- Updated: Simplified paddle popup custom message.
1.2.1 - June 11, 2020
- Fix: Changed the first payment amount by cart price for the recurring items.
- New: Custom title for the checkout page.
- Update: Paddle refund support from WP Admin
- Fix: \'edd_post_refund_payment\' triggering issue for payment refund. WP Fusion now works on refund.
- Update: Latest Paddle PHP SDK.
1.1.8 - April 1, 2020
- Fix: Solve the license activation problem.
- Update: Improve data validation for webhook.
1.1.7 - March 31, 2020
- New: Option to set a custom icon for the checkout page.
- Fix: Payment pending for regular item problem.
- Update: Improve product title for paddle checkout.
- Update: Update EDD error messages.
- Update: Rewrite debug log message.
- Update: Refund payment webhook updated.
- Update: Improve currency checker.
- Update: Replace debug settings by EDD debug option.
1.1.6 - March 24, 2020
- New: Custom title for the checkout page.
- Update: Reform debug log message.
- Update: Improve refund webhook.
1.1.5 - March 16, 2020
- Fix: Bug fixed for refund webhook.
1.1.4 - March 11, 2020
- New: Auto License validation for subscribers.
- Fix: Plan duration conflict with the paddle.
- Update: Gateway desc improved for paddle webhook info.
1.1.3 - March 9, 2020
- New: Check the API credentials option.
- Fix: Paddle subscription plan id creation.
- Update: Improve recurring gateways webhook.
- Update: Paddle PayLink added to make recurring payments.
- Update: Plan name for the paddle subscription plan.
- Update: Check pay link exists on the payment page.
1.1.2 - March 4, 2020
- New: Check subscription plan is created.
- Update: Error message for API call.
- Fix: Paddle subscription creation.
- Fix: Licence input page problem.
1.1.1 - March 4, 2020
- Fix: Credential problem on recurring init
- Update: Check the existing plan for new subscribers.
1.1.0 - March 1, 2020
1.0 - Feb 20, 2020
- Initial release.
Start Selling Online With Paddle In Minutes
The most easiest way to integrate Paddle payment with EasyDigitalDownloads